Hey guys! Its Saturday and I have I new post for you! This post is one of my favorites, as it is about rom coms! Eveybody loves rom coms. Romance, lots of laughter, that fuzzy feeling in your heart, and astonishing good looking leads - what's there not to love?
This post is a collab with the endless void blog, who is a friend and an amazing person! Make sure your check out her Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/the.endless.void_blog/ She is just starting out, so let's support her! We had so much fun while making this post. It was so difficult to decide on 15 movies, as there are so many amazing rom coms out there!
Note - Some of these movies have adult content, so make sure you check out the trailers, the age rating and the reviews beforehand:)
Let's get right to it! If I've forgotten any, let me know in the comments below!
1. To All The Boys I've Loved Before - Do I even need to explain this movie? This is literally the most popular rom com right now. Who doesn't know Peter Kavinsky and Lara Jean Covey?
Synopsis: Peter Kavinsky just broke up with his girlfriend and wants to make her jealous. Lara Jean needs to convince her sister's boyfriend that she isn't in love with him when her secret love letters accidentally get mailed. What's the solution to both of their problems? A fake relationship with real chemistry, of course.
2. The Kissing Booth - Another very well known rom com! This is the high school romance we all wish we had. And anyway, Noah Flynn all by himself is a good enough reason to watch this movie!
Synopsis : Elle has been best friends with Lee for as long as she can remember. Her life gets messed up when she falls for Lee's super hot older brother, Noah. Who will she choose?
3. 10 Things I Hate About You - One of the most popular rom coms of all time. If you haven't watched this movie, or at least heard about it, you must have been living under a rock! What I love the most about this movie is the unique take on romance and how different and interesting the plot is!
Synopsis: Bianca, a pretty and popular teenager, can't go on a date until her older sister does. The only problem is the her older sister is totally against the idea of dating. Cameron is new to thier school, and he falls head over heels for Bianca. After finding out about the rule, he starts flooking for ways to convince Bianca's older sister to date.
4. Mean girls - If you haven't watched this movie, I don't know what you've been doing with your life. This movie has some of the most iconic dialogues, like ' We were pink on Wednesdays.'
Synopsis: Cady Heron transfers to a new high school from Africa, and is warned against Regina George and her friends, popularly know as 'the Plastics'. Regina takes a liking to her, and asks her to join the Plastics and become instantly popular. But what happens when Cady falls in love with Aaron, Regina's ex?
5. Love, Simon - Love, Simon is one of the most heartwarming movies I've ever watched. Both, the book and the movie, are masterpieces. This one is definitely a must - watch.
Synopsis : Simon Spier is a normal high school kid, but with one huge secret - He's gay. And he is falling for Blue, a boy whose real name he doesn't know. The only thing he knows is that Blue goes to his school and likes him. So what happens when a blackmailer threatens to reveal his huge secret?
6. The edge of Seventeen - One of the most relatable movies I've ever watched. If you're in high school, you need to watch this. It will help you, trust me.
Synopsis : High school isn't easy for anyone, and it is especially difficult for super - awkward teen Nadine. Eveything gets worse when Darian, Nadine's 'perfect' brother and Krista, Nadine's best ( and only) friend start dating. Nadine feels more alone than ever, until many experiences and another thoughtful teen makes her realize that things can get better.
7. The Perfect Date - What I like the most about this movie is that this movie has a very different plot and story, which makes it much more interesting. And of course, this movie is made much better by Noah Centineo.
Synopsis: Brooks Rattigan need money for college, so he makes an app offering his services as a fake date. But when real feelings emerge, things get complicated quickly.
8. Crazy rich Asians - This one of my favorite movies! Whenever I feel down, this is the movie that makes me feel better! What I love the most is that this movie has a completely asian cast!
Synopsis: Rachel Chu, a native New - Yorker, is head over heels in love with Nick Young and can't wait to meet his family. However, she is shaken up when she learns that he not only comes from one of the richest families of Asia, he is also one of the most sought - after bachelors.
9. Clueless - This is one of the classic rom coms that everybody needs to watch at least once!
Synopsis: Cher is exactly like a typical rich kid. She tries to boost a new girl's popularity by giving her an extreme makeover, but her plan completely backfires.
10.Pretty Woman - Everyone has heard about this movie! This movie is a iconic and a classic feel - good rom com.
Synopsis: Edward, a rich entrepreneur hires Vivian, a pretty prostitute, to accompany him to social events. However, things get complicated quickly when the fall for each other and try to bridge the gap between their worlds.
11. Crazy, Stupid Love - The name itself tells you that this is going to be one great rom com!
Synopsis: When Cal learns that his wife wants a divorce, he asks his newfound friend Jacob, who is a smooth,young bachelor, to teach him all about being single.
12. When Harry meets Sally - Do I even need to explain this movie? Everyone knows how amazing this movie is!
Synopsis: When two two graduates meet, they quickly become good but short term friends. But when fate brings them back together, they are forced to deal with how they feel about each other.
13. Always be my maybe - This is the kind of movie that makes you feel good and laugh out loud. So whenever you're feeling down, give it a watch!
Synopsis: Sasha and Marcus are childhood best friends and childhood sweetheartsz sweetheart haven't spoken to each other for almost 15 years. When they reconnect as adults, they have it deal with the fact that although the old sparks are still there, they've in different worlds now.
14. The Big Sick - Personally, I absolutely love how interesting the title of the movie is! I also love how they show the problems faced by couples which are parts of different cultures and religions.
Synopsis: Kumail is a Pakistani comic, who meets an American graduate student named Emily at one of his stand-up shows. As their relationship blossoms, he soon becomes worried about what his traditional Muslim parents will think of her. When Emily suddenly comes down with an illness that leaves her in a coma, Kumail finds himself developing a bond with her deeply concerned mother and father.
15. Set it up - Office romances can be some of the most interesting romance, and that is exactly what is shown in this cute rom com.
Synopsis: Harper and Charlie, two overworked and underpaid assistants come up with a plan to get their bosses off their backs by setting them up with each other. But falling for each other was never a part of their plan.
And that's it! I'm going to add some honorable mentions too, that didn't make it into this list but are still amazimg:
• Isn't it romantic?
• She's all that
• My bestfriends wedding
• Monte Carlo
• Candy Jar
• Easy A
• The Duff
• Princess diaries
• She's the man
• The proposal
• Someone great
• The last summer
Hope you liked this post! One of the best things about Quarantine is that we finally have a chance to explore new movies! I watched a movie recently, which I completely, absoluely, totally fell in love with! Look out for my next blog post to find out which movie it is!